Sharon's Happiness List
"Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it"
-- Groucho Marx
And these are the things that help make ME feel happy - my (rather big) happiness list! :-D
39 Ways I Feel Happy...What makes me happy... in no particular order
1. My figure
2. Working out and feeling my sore muscles the next day. (So knowing that I’m doing something for my health makes me happy.)
3. Dressing up and making an effort on my appearance makes me feel confident, which makes me feel happy.
4. Having a good night's sleep - hmm!
5. A kiss from someone I love for no reason other than 'just because'.
6. Eating porridge.
7. Witnessing genuine kindness
8. Dancing like no-one is watching
9. Stimulating conversation
10. Feeling confident
11. Having choices (and making them)
12. Listening to my favorite music
14. Smiling eyes
15. Receiving hugs
16. Going for a walk with no destination in mind.
17. Having a sense of purpose in life.
18. Having friends who put up with me, even though I drive them crazy
19. Learning something new.
20. Helping someone solve a problem in their life, especially if it’s something that has been an issue for a long time.
21. Meeting new people
22. Doing what I want, when I want to do it
23. Being appreciated at work and feeling that what I do makes a difference.
24. Having clean, crisp sheets on my bed.
25. Being inside when there’s a thunderstorm outside. Being able to watch thunder and lightning and seeing the majesty of Mother Nature.
26. Knowing that no matter what, I will figure things out.
27. Being able to give things to my family.
28. Finally realising that it’s OK just to be me
29. The smell of fresh rain
30. Falling asleep to the sound of rain outside.
31. Watching the stars.
32. Receiving comments on FaceBook
33. People remembering my name
34. Time spent alone
35. Fitting into clothes that used to be too small
36. Not looking my age
37. Spending time with my cousin (Gareth)
38. Feeling giddy at the sight of someone I am lusting over.
39. Seeing someone giddy for me
I edited this happiness list down a little from 89 items of happiness to just 39 - '39 steps' to happiness you might say. (Hope that's okay, Sharon, or should I say "Shaz"! ;-) )
Feel happy every day?
Is that even possible, Would you even want to? Well... Why not find out for yourself!
Feel happy every day!