Common New Year Resolutions #3: Reduce Debt
Debt, debt, everywhere...
>> Self Help
>> Common New Year Resolutions
- Another interesting time of year to reduce debt, you have to admit. The one time of year when debt is highest for many people - genius!
- So you can't do anything but reduce debt in January, can you! But how about the following months and especially holiday time - will you be able to stick to your budget, to reduce debt?
- I doubt that you will, I seriously doubt it...
New year resolutions 03:
"I'm going to REDUCE MY DEBT..."
"Debt, n. An ingenious substitute
for the chain and whip of the slavedriver."
(Yet another free inspirational quote in support of YOU
and your success with these common new year resolutions.)
But before you give in completely, here's links to 2 resources that can help you DO your resolutions this year (for a change)
- Information on self-sabotage - as that's usually where the problem lies when we do things despite ourselves
- Self-hypnosis & keeping new year resolutions - self-hypnosis is a great way to reprogram our thinking...
Top 10 New Year Resolutions - 03: Reduce Debt
Common new year resolutions - what YOU REALLY say...
Hey, you're going to reduce your debt - great! Can't wait! I'm watching this space. Whoopee! But in the meantime... "OH - NO - YOU'RE - NOT!..."
INSTEAD, you're going to do the following:
- You're going to 'stick to a budget' (see previous page) - which will sooner or later burden your credit card, and any other debts you've previously accrued (e.g. home mortgage). Nice budgeting! Ingenious, even!
- You're going to be unable to refuse all those 'shiny objects' that you're made aware of via TV advertising, internet advertising (not that there's anything wrong with internet advertising, of course) and what your friends end up compulsively buying on 'retail therapy day - er, also known as Saturday.
Hah, Debt Boy (and Girl), prove me wrong! Prove me wrong...
Yes, if you ARE serious about reducing your debt - because this year, it WILL be different (yeah, right!) - then can I politely suggest that you check out the following resources:
- Read about the issue of debt reduction.
Check out Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk and do a search for debt reduction, or budgeting. I can recommend Alvin Hall. Take note of what he says to you, even the 'uncomfortable' stuff.
- Consider this advice: EARN MORE
If you can't spend less then earn more! How? Do what I do - oh, I really hate that expression! - and learn how to earn extra by working at home. And SiteSell's SBI! is the work at home solution I recommend, oh yes it is!
More common resolutions...