Common New Year Resolutions #2: Stick to Budget
>> Self Help
>> Common New Year Resolutions
"Where's all the money gone?"
- January is an excellent time to focus on sticking to a budget, it really is. But a much better month to count the pennies would have been December, and maybe November, and you usually spend too much in October, too...
- Hmm, it's quite clever of you to want to stick to a budget in January. You're broke anyway, so you might as well get some credit for not spending any money as not, eh!
- Because, as soon as February comes along...
New year resolutions 02:
"I'm going to STICK TO A BUDGET..."
"A fool and his money are easily parted."
Hmm, here's links to 2 resources that can help you DO your resolutions this year (for a change)
- Self-sabotage - just why you get in your own way!
- Self-hypnosis & keeping new year resolutions from HypnosisDownloads.com - recommended
Top 10 New Year Resolutions - 02: Budget
Common new year resolutions - what YOU REALLY say...
Sooo, you're going to stick to a budget, eh! Really? Hmm, what words to say to this, what words of wisdom! I know..."OH - NO - YOU'RE - NOT!..."
INSTEAD, you're going to do the following regarding one of the top 10 most common new year resolutions:
- You're going to save oh-so-much money at the sales - the winter sales, the summer sales, the online sales, and all the special offers in between! (Aren't all these sales great, by the way - so considerate of the shops, don't you think!)
I mean, who wouldn't want to save $50 on a brand new dress, or £30 on the latest bit of electronic must-have kit. You'd be crazy not to!
And each time you save money at these sales, guess what you're really doing - spending money! Yep, you're not saving, you're spending. Tch, don't ya just hate proverbs about money (see below)! ;-)
- You're going to spend more than you earn, making it actually impossible to budget. So then it's just a matter of having to spend money to pay the bills, and - inevitably - having to start to rely on your perfect friend, Peter Plastic the credit card!
So by the end of the year, that poor ol' piggy bank ain't gonna know what's hit 'im, by the end of the year, if you even bother loading it up in the first place! Hah! Prove me wrong! Prove me wrong...
Yes, if you ARE serious about this common new year resolution then can I politely suggest that you check out the following resources:
- Read about the issue of happiness.
Everybody knows - and that includes you - that money can't buy you love, or happiness. What all these purchases boil down to, I politely put it you Dear Spender, are shortcut (and 'wrong') ways to make yourself happy. Yes, there is a better way... :-)
- Consider this controversial advice: BUY NOTHING, every now and then - it's good for what ails ya! (And, like smiling, it also costs nothing!)
More common resolutions...