My Anger Management Movie Involves the Following Characters...
So What Does Being Angry Mean to Me?
Well, off the top of my head, my anger management movie is...
- Being 'told off' when you've done nothing wrong
- A feeling that nobody is listening to you, and so you can't express yourself
- Wondering why, exactly, people do some of the crazy, hurtful things that they do (but being unable to understand)
- Listening to stupid people justify their prejudices
- Listening to intelligent people justify their prejudices
- Worrying about the little guy (versus the big company)
- Thinking about the inequalities in the world - women, non-whites, fat people, third world countries, any animal that isn't a human being, "the world, the universe and everything"...
These are my instant thoughts blurted out in two minutes when I think of what makes me angry.
Tomorrow, these thoughts might change.
Because the truth is sometimes I actually do wake up angry, and other days I'm smiley and happy and tolerant, and nothing will 'disturb' me.
I guess dealing with anger is an ongoing process...
But what do you think? Are you okay with anger or do you need anger management help too - now you've read my thoughts? ;-) Do let me know!
And, hey, I'd love it if you shared what makes you angry too! :-)