Common New Year Resolutions #1: Losing Weight
>> Self Help
>> New Year Resolutions
"Oof, why is Turkey so filling!"
- January does seem an odd time to focus on weight-loss, it has to be said - the number 1 new year resolution for many.
- All that eating and drinking, and all that television watching... It can only lead to one thing, in all honesty, can't it...
- So maybe, just maybe, prevention is better than cure here when it comes to losing weight, no?...
But I don't wanna be called no Ebeneezer Scrooge here, so let's pretend (for a moment) that after all that eating you're really going to lose some weight now shall we...
New year resolutions 01:
"I'm going to LOSE WEIGHT, and get in better physical shape..."
"Take care of your body.
It's the only place you have to live."
But before we descend into fantasy land completely, here's links to 2 resources that can help you DO your resolutions this year (for a change)
- Information on self-sabotage - as that's where the problem lies, quite often
- Self-hypnosis & keeping new year resolutions - via HypnosisDownloads.com
Top 10 New Year Resolutions - 01: Losing Weight
Common new year resolutions - what YOU REALLY say...
Lose weight, you say! Really? Well, and in true British Pantomime tradition, I say this to you... "OH - NO - YOU'RE - NOT!..."
INSTEAD... you're going to do the following:
- You're going to join a gym, expensive one too. And you're going to go a couple of times - well done, you! - until, inevitably, work and play (i.e. too much unpaid overtime and beer, pizza and TV to compensate) mean you just DON'T have the time, and never end up going... And, hey, you're not that much overweight compared to your friends after all. (Bloomin' gyms are filled with skinny exercise freaks anyway!)
- You're going to buy all the latest health food books and recipe books. Yeah, raw food seems to make a lot of sense, doesn't it, and that Jamie Oliver's a bit of an English wag. Of course, you're not going to read any of 'em mind - you haven't got time to boil an egg, let alone read a book on eating healthily - but you can always impress your friends with your ever-growing book collection. Can't you!
Hah! Prove me wrong! Prove me wrong about this common new year resolution and you...
Yes, if you ARE serious - because this year, it WILL be different (yeah, right!) - then can I politely suggest that you check out the following resources:
- Read about the issue of self-sabotage.
Like with all of these common new year resolutions there ARE reasons why you're not going to do it - despite your best intentions. It's NOT because you're lazy. Honest! It's because there is maybe more satisfaction in joining a gym than actually going to it and you need to work out why that is.
Work out what you're really telling yourself when you feel bad about your weight and bad about the idea you want to improve it. (By the way, gym owners KNOW you're not going to come to their gym. They just want your money, your subscription, they do NOT WANT YOUR GYM ATTENDANCE - genius, eh!)
- Consider this advice: DON'T JOIN A GYM, if you're not serious about going! There are other ways to keep fit. (My favourites: walking - walk as much as you can, that's what I say anyway!)
- Reprogram your mind so you're more able to lose weight, to keep that new year resolution in the first place: Self-hypnosis & keeping new year resolutions.)
More common resolutions...